Contact: Miki Orr-Muths
City Clerk, Administrative Assistant
Openings on Citizen Boards, Commissions and Committees
The City of Salina is currently accepting expression of interest forms for vacancies that currently or will soon exist on the following citizen boards, commissions and committees:
- Accessibility Advisory Board;
- Animal Control Advisory and Appeals Board;
- Arts and Humanities Commission;
- Board of Zoning Appeals;
- Building Advisory Board;
- Business Improvement District No. 1 Board of Advisors;
- Business Improvement District No. 1 Design Review Board;
- Community Art and Design Advisory Committee;
- Convention and Tourism Committee;
- Disciplinary Advisory Board;
- Heritage Commission;
- Housing Authority;
- Human Relations Commission;
- Parks and Recreation Advisory Board;
- Planning Commission;
- Salina Economic Development Incentives Council; and
- Solid Waste Management Committee.
In addition, the City of Salina is implementing a new Youth on Boards program. This program allows for individuals between the ages of 15-20 attending a secondary- or post-secondary school to serve on certain boards that are noted above.
If you are interested in serving the community by becoming a member of one of these boards, commissions or committees, you are asked to fill out a short expression-of-interest form. To be considered for the above appointments, return a completed expression-of-interest form to the City Clerk’s Office by August 12, 2013. An expression-of-interest form or more information may be obtained at the City of Salina website, www.salina-ks.gov, by visiting the City Clerk’s Office, 300 W. Ash, Room 206, or by calling (785) 309-5735.