ORDINANCE NUMBER 20-11025
AN ORDINANCE AMENDING ORDINANCE NUMBER 8526, CODIFIED AS CHAPTER 42 OF THE SALINA CODE, AND THE ZONING DISTRICT MAP OF THE CITY OF SALINA, KANSAS BY REZONING AND PRESCRIBING THE PROPER USES OF CERTAIN PROPERTY WITHIN THE CITY.
BE IT ORDAINED by the Governing Body of the City of Salina, Kansas:
Section 1. Findings. In relation to the following described real estate:
Lot Twelve (12), Block Five (5), of the North Park Addition to the City of Salina, Saline County, Kansas (the “Property”)
the Governing Body makes the following findings:
- All conditions precedent for the amendment of the City’s Zoning District Map and the rezoning of the Property have been timely met;
- Lot 12 was not needed to accommodate the property owner’s plans for construction of a new residential dwelling at the southwest corner of Lincoln Avenue and Reynolds Street;
- The property owner’s request to have Lot 12 revert back to its previous I-2 zoning classification would have a minimal impact on surrounding property and an I-2 zoning designation would be compatible with the zoning and uses of the property to the east, south and west of the subject property which is zoned I-2;
- The surrounding properties are modestly sized with most of the properties being used to operate service oriented businesses.
- The Property that is the subject of this application is only 25 ft. wide and a change in zoning classification to I-2 will have a minimal impact on public utilities, drainage and traffic volumes.
Section 2. Amendment. DISTRICT “I-2” LIGHT INDUSTRIAL. The Zoning District Map of the City of Salina, Kansas is amended to rezone the Property as part of DISTRICT “I-2” LIGHT INDUSTRIAL.
Section 3. Repealer. All prior ordinances relating to the Property are repealed to the extent they are in conflict with this ordinance.
Section 4. Summary of ordinance for publication. This ordinance shall be in full force and effect from and after its adoption and publication once by summary in the official city newspaper.
Ordinance No. 20-11025 Summary
On August 3, 2020, the City Commission passed Ordinance No. 20-11025. The ordinance changes the zoning district classification of a vacant lot located on the west side of Reynolds Street and south of Lincoln Avenue from R-2 (Multi-Family Residential) to I-2 (Light Industrial) to allow the lot to revert back to its previous zoning classification. A complete copy of the Ordinance can be found at www.salina-ks.gov or in the office of the City Clerk, 300 W. Ash, free of charge. This summary is certified by the City’s legal counsel.
Introduced: July 27, 2020
Passed: August 3, 2020
Michael L. Hoppock, Mayor
Cheryl Mermis, Deputy City Clerk
The publication summary set forth above is certified this _____ day of August, 2020.
Greg A. Bengtson, City Attorney